Legal Support for Insurance, Businesses and Individuals
Meeting Your Small Business’s Legal Needs
Few considerations affect small- and medium-sized businesses more profoundly than employment law. Since this field covers the close (and often complex) relationships between employers and employees, disputes can be very emotional. They can also be very costly for the employer, as courts often order the employer to pay for the employee’s legal expenses following a verdict in the employee’s favor.
At The Law Firm of Peters & Wasilefski, our lawyers provide a wide range of services to small- and medium-sized businesses to support their operations, including:
- Drafting employee handbooks and policies
- Representing employers in employment discrimination claims, including allegations of discrimination on the basis of age, sex, pregnancy, race, disability, national origin, and religion
- Compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), if this law applies to your company
- Representing employers in sexual harassment claims
- Representing employers in wage-and-hour claims, such as overtime and commission disputes
- Dealing with unemployment compensation claim disputes
- Employer/Labor contract negotiations
- Advising employers about retaining information in personnel files
- Advising employers about terminations
- Negotiating severance packages
- Drafting and enforcing noncompete agreements
As your attorneys, we will not urge you into litigation unless we think it is in your best financial interests to do so. At the beginning of your case, we help you with an economic assessment of the case so you can best decide whether to litigate or negotiate the matter. In the end you will make all decisions about your employment law case. We make sure those are informed decisions.
For more information, contact an attorney at our firm. Based in Harrisburg, we serve throughout Pennsylvania. You can reach us at 717-260-3483 or toll free at 866-830-1116. You can also arrange an appointment online.