Legal Support for Insurance, Businesses and Individuals

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Estate Planning & Estate Administration: An Overview
  4.  » Guardianships and Conservatorships

Keeping Your Medical And Financial Decisions In Your Hands

There comes a point in many vulnerable adults’ lives when they are no longer able to care for themselves. It may come as a result of advanced illness, disability, or age. The Law Firm of Peters & Wasilefski provides compassionate legal services for clients who may be struggling with the legal issues involved in establishing legal guardianship or conservatorship over the financial affairs and health concerns of a loved one.

By working with our experienced probate and estate administration attorneys, we will help you seek the court-appointed guardianship or conservatorship you need to make decisions on behalf of an incapacitated family member. There are a variety of legal processes involved, and several hearings may be required. We will discuss your current situation, and explain how permanent or temporary guardianship or conservatorship laws apply to your circumstances.

Essential Information About Conservatorships And Guardianships

Seeking legal conservatorship or guardianship should not be sought without significant consideration. Both require considerable energy, time, and effort. Although getting court-appointed authority over your loved one’s affairs may remove some obstacles to providing care, you may discover that other issues arise. Often, well-meaning family members raise concerns over financial affairs and estate preservation. Appointees must be prepared to retain an experienced attorney to address disputes and litigation that may result.

The attorneys of The Law Firm of Peters & Wasilefski handle all aspects of the process, to help you focus on doing what is best for the vulnerable adult in your life. Contact our adult guardianship law offices to schedule a consultation about your conservatorship and guardianship needs. You can call us in Harrisburg at 717-260-3483 or reach us toll free at 866-830-1116.